Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Atrium - Skating

Is it me, have we just skipped Spring and on to Summer?

Ditching the boots for a pair of sandals is a dream come true for most Montréalers. However, like myself and quite possible others, winter has come and gone too quickly. Even though I prefer to sit on a terrace with friends drinking freshly squeezed lemonade, I cannot help to think that I did not take the opportunity to enjoy winter as I should have.

What would have I done to enjoy it? Skating, yes skating. This past winter, I only managed to wiggle my toes and feet into a pair of skates twice, yes twice. Gliding on the ice to the classical music that Park Lafontaine plays, is somehow magical and beautiful. It’s winter wonderland activity that I share with friends, following hot coco and some Baileys.

Even though spring has arrived, I would think twice before retiring the skates in your winter storage because what I love about this city is the Atrium. If you have never ventured to 1000 de la Gauchetiere, here is your chance to make up for lost winter time.

Surrounded by food outlets, is an indoor skating rink. The Atrium offers skating year round, despite the current weather conditions, you can happily skate along with other skating enthusiasts.

As sad as it is not to have our -30 degree weather not factoring the wind chill, you can still take the time to enjoy a bit of skating.

Love the city you are in.

Amour de Montreal

The Atrium
1000 de la Gauchetiere

Metro : Bonaventure

1 comment:

  1. I've been living in Ottawa for seven years now, and every single year I swear I'm going to skate on the famous Rideau canal.

    Of course, the closest I have been to skating is eating beaver tails and taking pictures of people who skate :-D

    ReplyDelete